Google Analytics (GA) is a secret weapon all marketing professionals should be tapping into. A digital analytics software, this user-friendly platform provides insight into your brands’ website visitation and consumer behavior, which in turn helps you reach your target audience more strategically and efficiently. For example, GA pulls data measuring how, when and where consumers are reaching your website.
Let’s delve into how to let the data guide your business strategy and which analytics to keep an eye on!
Analyze + Strategize: GA Insights
It is so important to understand the impactful benefits GA has on your marketing strategies. The data GA provides allows you to make more informed decisions on where to allocate your advertising dollars by answering these questions for you:
- Who is visiting your website?
- How are they finding your website? Where are they coming from?
- How long are they browsing your website and which pages | how many pages are they visiting?
- Are they taking the next step to contact you? How?
- Are your marketing campaigns working?
Key Metrics to Monitor | Report
What should you look for when analyzing metrics on GA?
- Audience Behavior: monitor users, sessions, page views, pages per session, average session duration and bounce rate
- Acquisition: monitor traffic channels including organic search, direct, social media and referral
- Behavior: monitor your content (landing pages) to see which pages are viewed most
- Conversions: track your conversions based on contact form submissions, social media follows, phone calls, etc.
How to Sign Up
GA is quick to set-up, and it is FREE! Here is the step-by-step:
- Create a Google account (or Gmail) for your business
- Go to google.com/analytics
- Click ‘Start for Free’
- Set up account and insert business name, site URL, etc.
- GA will populate a tracking code for you
- Install GA tracking code to your website
- Start tracking!
Have questions or want to learn more? Reach out to our team of experts who can analyze and report on your GA data to help you better understand your customers and your marketing decisions. Give us a ring at 757-962-7375 or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— The R&A Team